Saturday, October 23, 2010

Caramel Cheesecake at Starbucks


Just this afternoon I had a walk at Hennesy Road with a good friend. After some time just roaming around, we settled to have some coffee at Starbucks. We both had cold Frappuccino. 

Everyone knows Starbucks by the coffee they serve and I think little attention is brought to the other food items they sell. I love cheesecakes and I often eat cheesecakes at Boston Restaurant or at Maxim's in Wan Chai. Inside the glass stall at Starbucks were two types of cheescakes on display  One is the Blueberry Cheesecake which is what we always have since it's Calay's favorite and the other, Caramel Cheesecake which I havent tried yet. 

I got one slice of the Caramel Cheesecake and true enough , it tasted as good as it looked. It was a hard cheesecake which I preferred but still soft enough to melt in your mouth. Although it looked as if it was very sweet, the sweetness was just right. The caramel topping complimented well with the main cheesecake body and in no time, it was gone and finished. 

The Caramel Cheesecake at Starbucks costs HK$ 28 per slice, almost double the price of cheesecakes from other places around Wan Chai. Starbucks cheesecakes maybe a bit more expensive but like most good things in life, they come at a price.